Friday, June 13, 2008

Reflection

Blogging, though common among many of my friends, was a world I never ventured into. Creating this blog was an interesting experience for me. Although I encountered various problems during the creation of my blog, I found out that blogging is not difficult to do. Soon, I was familiar with the functions of Blogger and could post my information on my blog without much trouble.

I have to admit that I use to be ignorant about the many theories and issues regarding publication and design before the creation of this blog. Now however, I find myself more equipped with the knowledge of this aspects and how they apply to our daily lives. These theories guided me throughout the creation of the blog. For example, I learned that including visual aids such as images and videos alongside the text, created multimodality which is an effective way in engaging readers.

I realised that blogging allows me to interact freely, with the use of a chatbox, to my classmates. They and also other people were able to comment on my posts and tell me their opinions and thoughts on the issues discussed. There are hyperlinks included in my posts, enabling readers to link to the original websites and articles for further details. This form of interaction allows the reader to move from easily from one site to another, to avoid feeling constrained to my blog.

Blogging is a global phenomenon and more and more people join the blogosphere every day. Although freedom of speech exists among bloggers, there must also be a sense of ethics and cultural sensitivity when expressing thoughts and ideas online. Privacy of other bloggers must be respected and copyright infringements avoided. These simple measures will allow both the bloggers and readers from encountering problems.

This blog has not only been an enlightening educational opportunity. It has also opened my eyes to a whole new world. The world of blogging. I am now one of the many people who blog and am able to fully appreciate blogs. It will definitely be something I will invest more time and effort in from now on.

0 comments: